Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Custom Wedding Gown for my friend, Alti

I feel both excited and honored to have the privilege of creating a custom tailored gown for a very special friend of mine who was also my kickboxing instructor. My friend Alti gets married this September and I thought it would be fun to share the process that has gone into creating her beautiful and sexy wedding gown.


Alti and I began brainstorming ideas about her wedding gown about 6 months ago. When I first brought up the idea of custom designing her wedding gown, Alti was thrilled. She knew that she wanted something very sexy with a very low cut back and a halter top with lots of support. She was visualizing a wedding dress that was dramatic and that accentuated her beautiful assets but which also remained classy and elegant… and so began my search for ideas. I searched for styles that I figured she’d like based on her body type and style. And just as I anticipated, none of the gowns that I came across incorporated all of the elements that Alti was looking for. Here is when the fun part began...I gathered several images and began drawing up rough sketches mixing and matching bodices of one gown with the skirts of another gown. I was finally able to come up with a design that I thought Alti would like so when I presented the rough illustration to her, I was pleased to know that she absolutely loved it.








I then sent out my pencil drawn idea to my fashion illustrator for her rendition of the proposed design.


 

I really loved the illustrator's rendition of our idea and I only needed to make a few minor tweeks...I needed the illustration to represent exactly what I had in mind for Alti. I know that Alti isn’t really too fond of a lot of bling so the crystal appliqué on the front of her gown needed an adjustment in size and the bottom of the dress had to illustrate ruffles and from the knee down, the gown needed to be more form fitting... so after a couple minor tweeks, here is the final design of my friends gown...


 
 
I can't wait to see the finished product! Be sure to stay tuned as we bring this beautiful and sexy wedding gown to life! ...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment